If the product is defective, we'll be happy to replace it. Before we send you a replacement, please try these few quick steps to make sure it is the adapter that is the problem:
- Make sure the male plugs are all the way into both your device (phone, iPhone, etc.) and your headset. Sometimes a cell phone case may get in the way of the jack fully connecting, so try it without a case if you have one.
- If using a PC headset, try switching your headset and mic lines. Pink should be for the headset microphone and green for the headset audio.
- Test the adapter on a different phone that has a similar jack.
- Sometimes when you plug a headset into a smartphone, the phone will mute the microphone. Check to make sure the mic isn't muted by the phone.
- If you are using a Headset Buddy with a smartphone, try resetting the phone.
- Sometimes headsets have a volume knob. Turn it up and test the headset on another decice such as your computer or other phone, then try again with the adapter.
- If you ordered a product with the RJ9 plug on the male end, then you may have the wrong Headset Buddy model. We have a generic RJ9 adapter 01-PC35-RJ9 that works with older phones, 01-PC35-RJ9A that work with most phones such as VOIP, Nortel, Aastra, etc., and 01-PC35-RJ9Cisco that works with phones with Cisco IP based technology. We even offer a universal adapter that fits 99% of phones, 01-PC35-RJ9X. We will gladly exchange the adapter for you if you have the wrong one.
- If you ordered a RJ9 or RJ9 Cisco adapter, you may have to change your phone's settings to get the headset working properly. Please check your phone's user manual to see if there is a way to modify the audio or microphone sensitivity.
- Some products such as 01-PH25-RJ9A, 01-PH25-RJ9Cisco, and 01-PH35-RJ9A work significantly better when combined with an amplifier. This is due to the different electronics in the headset and the phone. If you are unhappy with the microphone volume please contact us for a return.
If these steps don't work, we offer a 1 year limited warranty against defect on all our products. For returns or exchanges, our address is:
Long Tail Products
3005 South Lamar, Suite D109-146
Austin, TX 78704
IMPORTANT: Please include a copy of your receipt, reason for the return, your ticket number (if applicable), and whether you want a replacement or refund.